Lopez Holdings

 

 Benpres internationally recognized for corporate governance

Publicly listed Benpres Holdings Corporation was honored as "One of the Best in Corporate Governance, Philippines" at The Asset Asian Awards in Hong Kong. Benpres received Honourable mention ranking, alongside telecom behemoth PLDT and property giant Ayala Land.

 The Asset found corporate governance practices in Benpres at par with the best Philippine companies. Top five places went to Manila Water, SM Investments, Ayala Corporation, Globe Telecom, and BPI. The Asset Corporate Governance Awards 2008 covered ten regions, resulting in 54 awardees: China (11), Hong Kong (8), Taiwan (5), Thailand (5), South Korea (3), Malaysia (3), Philippines (8), India (3), Indonesia (4), and Singapore (4).

The Asset compared corporate governance practices in companies with international best standards. The standards are based on The Combined Code Principles of Good Governance and Code of Best Practice derived by the committee on its final report and from the Cadbury and Greenbury Reports (U.K.). It is also based on the White Paper on Corporate Governance in Asia produced by the Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development in July 2003.

Corporate governance is both an art and a science. This is the first time The Asset combined the --˜art' (canvassing the opinion of institutional investors, sellside analysts and the board of editors) and the --˜science' part and including both into an index score called The Asset Governance Index. Companies presented their annual results in complying with best practices. This presentation gets 15% weighting. The remaining 85% comes from the companies' compliance to best practices, including in areas as composition of the board of directors (20%), audit committee (15%), remuneration committee (15%), risk management committee (15%) and nomination committee (15%).

Mailing List

Please enter your email address to join our mailing list and receive our corporate updates.

CONTACT US

Lopez Holdings Corporation 
16/F North Tower, Rockwell Business Center Sheridan, Sheridan St. corner United St., 1550 Bgy. Highway Hills, Mandaluyong City, Philippines

  • Trunkline: (632) 8878 0000
  • Fax: (632) 8878 0000 ext 2009
You are here: Home 2009 Benpres internationally recognized for corporate governance