Lopez Holdings Corporation (formerly Benpres Holdings Corporation) was incorporated in 1993 by the Lopez family of the Philippines to serve as the holding company for investments in major development sectors such as power generation and distribution, broadcasting and cable ; telecommunications, and banking. It added to its portfolio, investments in other basic service sectors but has since sold its direct interest in banking, toll roads, information technology, property development , cable and health care delivery.
Power and Energy
- First Gen Corporation (controlled by First Philippine Holdings Corporation ): The largest vertically-integrated power generation company in the Philippines and proponent of clean and renewable energy, with an installed capacity of 2,952 MW.
- Energy Development Corporation (controlled by First Gen Corporation ): The world’s largest integrated geothermal power producer.
Broadcasting & Cable
- ABS-CBN Corporation: The largest news and entertainment content provider in the Philippines that produces multimedia programming for domestic and international audiences.
- Sky Cable Corporation (controlled by ABS-CBN Corporation ): The largest cable operator and pioneer of high definition television in the country, offering value added broadband internet and voice over internet protocol.
- Rockwell Land Corporation (controlled by First Philippine Holdings Corporation ): The country’s innovator in luxury urban living, developer and manager of premier residential and commercial properties, and inner city communities.
- First Philippine Industrial Park (controlled by First Philippine Holdings Corporatio n): The country’s leading in industrial park development and management.
- First Philec Corporation and subsidiaries are First Philex Nexolon Corporation and First Philec Solar Corporation controlled by First Philippine Holdings Corporation ) : The intermediate holding company for lean manufacturing that includes in its portfolio the country’s pioneer in transformer manufacturing.